Information Collected Automatically
In some cases, we may automatically (i.e., not via registration) collect technical information when you connect to our Website that is not personally identifiable information. Examples of this type of information include the type of internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site. Also, when you view our Website, we may store some information on your computer. This information will be in the form of a “cookie” or similar file and can help us in many ways. For example, cookies allow us to tailor the Website to better match your interests and preferences. With most internet browsers, you can erase cookies from your computer hard drive, block all cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about these functions.
Third Party List Information. We may also obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from third party data gathering sources. We may match this third-party collected information with the personal information that you provide to us.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Information Collection Technology. We and our business partners, such as advertisers, may use various technologies to collect information from your computer and about your activities on the Site. For example, we and our business partners may collect and store non-personally identifying information through technologies such as cookies, log files, clear gifs (also known as web beacons), and other technologies to help determine user viewing preferences for advertising and other purposes.
- Log Files. Technical information from your browser may be automatically collected when you visit the Site. This information includes your IP address, your browser type, operating system, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see “Cookies” below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s browser that tracks non-personal information about the user. When using the Site, we may assign your computer one or more cookies which enable us to improve the quality of our Service, to customize your experience, and for other purposes. Cookies allow us to automatically collect information about your browser or device activity on the Site, such as the web pages you visit, the links or advertisements you click, or the other actions you conduct while using the Site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to disable cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, you will still be able to access the Site, but you may not be able to use all of the interactive features we offer. Additional information on cookies can be found at: http://www.microsoft.com/info/cookies.htm.
- Web Beacons. We, or our advertisers, may use standard Internet technology such as web beacons, clear gifs, pixels, and other similar technologies, to gather aggregate information about your browser or device activity on the Site. We also may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. We use such web beacons to gauge the effectiveness of our marketing efforts and the quality of the Site, and for other purposes.
Sponsor or Link Websites. Links or sponsor websites may be presented in a manner that allows us to keep track of whether the links or sponsor sites have been used. We use this information to improve the quality of the Site, to keep track of advertising, and to customize your online experience. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
Information Use and Sharing
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE MAY USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT ON THE SITE, AND IN THE COURSE OF PROVIDING THE SERVICES, FOR ANY PURPOSE IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION. We may match any of the information we gather to any personally identifying information or other information we have obtained from or about you to improve the content of the Site and Services for you. Examples of some of the ways we use or share information that we collect about you include, but are not limited to, the following:
- providing you with products or services, including the display of customized content, advertising, and services;
- providing technical or customer support;
- performing research and analysis to gauge use of or interest in products, services, or content offered on the Site, and to develop new services;
- responding to your requests and inquires;
- communicating with you by e-mail about products or services that may be of interest to you;
- enforcing our terms and conditions, or otherwise managing our business; and
- performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Communications from the Site. Unless you have opted out of these features where available, we may use your information in a variety of ways to communicate with you, such as through email, newsletters, RSS feeds, service announcements, or for customer service.
Personal Information. Unless you have opted out where available, we may rent, sell, or share any of your information, personal or otherwise, with third parties, including without limitation for the following purposes:
- Service providers: We may share your personal information, alone or in combination with non-personal information, with third party service providers in connection with the Services we provide or your request for customer service on the Site. These service providers may include entities such as credit bureaus, financial institutions, marketing and customer services firms, credit card payment processors, as well as companies that support contests, sweepstakes, surveys, or other features offered through the Site, or that provide business analysis or website support. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, which may include using the information to contact you. Further, to the extent that you are a customer of ReaderHot.com or your domain names are being monetized by ReaderHot.com, we may be contractually obligated to share certain of your personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address and telephone number with our upstream advertising partners in order to be able to continue providing you services from those advertising partners.
- Business partners: When you express interest in promotions offered through the Site or our Services, we may share your personal information, alone or in combination with non-personal information, with the relevant business partners or affiliates to offer you those products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular offer or program, you authorize us to provide your personal information address and other information to that business so that they may contact you
- Third parties for business reasons: In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and Non-Personal Information. We may rent, sell, or share aggregated demographic information not specifically identifiable to you, and other non-personal information we collect, with any third parties for any reason, including to develop and deliver customized advertising, and to conduct general business analysis. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Site and the most popular features or Services accessed.
We give our users the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their personal information used for purposes not directly related to the Site at the point where we ask for the information, including the sharing of personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. Please be aware that this may result in our not being able to provide certain services to you that require us to share information with third parties. If you choose to receive communications from us but later wish to discontinue receiving communications or our Services, you can opt-out by contacting us via email or mail using the contact information provided below.
Please note that opting out of receipt of promotional e-mail communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you will have to change your preferences directly with that third party. To opt-out of communications from our third party business partners, please contact them directly.
Visitors Outside the United States
Privacy Information for Persons 13 Years and Older
We will not collect any personally identifiable information about you (e.g., your name, address, telephone number or email address) through our Website unless you have provided it to us voluntarily. We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you. For example, if you choose to sign up for a newsletter, we will request your name and email address.
When you do provide us with personally identifiable information, we may use that information in the following ways, unless stated otherwise:
- We may store and process that information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our products and services;
- We employ other companies to perform certain functions on our behalf, such as processing orders and delivering packages, conducting surveys and sending you mailings regarding our products and these companies have access to your personal information and;
- We may contact you regarding promotions and other offers regarding our products that may interest you.
We do not now, and do not intend to, sell, rent or market personally identifiable information about you to third parties. We share information only with subsidiaries of this site and may use it to send you promotions and product information.
Children Under 13
- We encourage parents and guardians to explore our Website with their children.
- We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from your children under 13 on-line without first obtaining permission from the child’s parent or guardian.
- Our Website does not offer activities that allow your child disclose your child’s personal information publicly (for example through chat rooms or message boards).
- We do not share your child’s personally identifiable information with third parties.
Please also note that we do not offer activities that require the ongoing collection and use of personally identifiable information provided by children.
Use of Website and Website Material
This Website is provided for your personal noncommercial use. You may not copy material from this Website for commercial use. You may copy material in limited quantities from this Website for your personal noncommercial use provided that our copyright notice is affixed to the copied material. We reserve the right to terminate, at any time, your permission to make personal copies of material from this Website.
You are prohibited from using this Website to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, profane material, any material that infringes on any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right or any material that could constitute or encourage unlawful conduct. We may, from time to time, monitor or review material transmitted or posted using this Website and reserve the right to delete any material we deem inappropriate. This Website is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from any material transmitted or posted using this Website.
Your use of this Website and material from this Website is at your own risk.
This Website strives to provide accurate and up-to-date material; however, we make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or timeliness of the material provided on this Website. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions on this Website.
Neither this Website, any of its agents, nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Website is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, this Website or any material from this Website. Without limiting the foregoing, this Website and the material provided on this Website are provided “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so this statement may not apply to you.
This Website assumes no liability or responsibility for any damage to you, your computer, or other property, due to your access to, use of, or downloading of this Website or any materials provided on this Website.
We have not reviewed any or all of the websites linked to this Website and are not responsible for any websites linked to this Website. Your linking to any websites from this Website is at your own risk. By linking to a website or permitting a link to this Website, we do not endorse the website operator or the content of the linked website.
Severed Provisions and Entire Agreement
If any provision of this agreement is unenforceable, that provision shall be deemed severed from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
This is the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter.
Nevertheless, while we are not in a position to arbitrate trademark disputes between domain name owners and trademark owners, we have adopted this Trademark Dispute Policy as a courtesy to assist when a dispute arises.
It is our policy to immediately review complaints of alleged trademark infringement and to perform an investigation within two (2) business days. If our investigation determines that a domain name(s) participating in the ReaderHot.com system potentially violates the intellectual property rights of the complainant, we will take down the domain name from the ReaderHot.com system. In appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, we may terminate any owners or administrators who are deemed to be repeat infringers.
If you believe that your trademark has been violated, please submit a trademark dispute notice containing the information specified below. Because our actions may necessarily affect the rights of our customers, we will not investigate complaints that do not substantially comply with this notice requirement. Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that an activity is infringing your trademark.
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- A copy of your trademark registration, or list the trademark(s) at issue, the country/countries where registered, and the registration number(s);
- The specific domain names at issue;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the trademark owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the trademark owner or authorized to act on the trademark owner’s behalf;
- Your signature
Please send your written notice of any trademark disputes to addresses specified below. While we accept communications by mail, we strongly encourage you to use electronic communications so that your communications can be properly logged and can be addressed more quickly.